View Single Post
Old 10-11-2017, 09:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
cincinnana
Container Grower

Zone: HZ 6/5 Microclimate - Elevation 750 feet- 228.60 meters
BananaBucks : 14,347
Said "Thanks" 2,902 Times
Was Thanked 5,876 Times in 2,277 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 1,205 Times
Default Re: New to Bananas and need some Winter Advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29vivian View Post
Hello, I have been a lurker for a while, but now that the warm season is coming to an end, I was hoping I could get some advice. This spring I had ordered 4 grain nain plants off of Amazon (you can see one smaller plant in each pod which are the "grand nains I prdered). Luck be have it, as soon as they came in, my neighbor informed me that he has a buddy looking to get rid of some. Long story short, we drive that night and picked up about 15 more plants (These of which I do not know the variety, but was informed they are non fruit bearing) I am going to add a couple pictures showing when I first planted them, to there they are currently. Do to the climate we live in (10 miles south of Cincinnati OH), I was told that I should dig them up and bring them in. I have been reading a lot of others post on the subject but still have a few questions of my own. I have 2 places I could store them, one being my unheated but insulated garage, and the other is my basement which is kept rather warm all winter, needless to say I am not sure which would be better. Also you will be able to tell that the plants I received free have grown quite large, which I love, but they are practically growing on top of each other. After digging them up, should I try to separate the plants now, or should I try to store them as a group, and separate in the spring. Next spring I plan to forego the 4 growing pods, and space out the individual plants as to have a line of plants, and to give them each more room. Any advice you experts can provide would be great! Thanks from Florence Y'all Kentucky.
Welcome to the Jungle....

I live up the street and across the river to the left of you on the North bend of the Ohio River.
In Ohio.

Right at the confluence of the Ohio-Miami and Whitewater rivers.

cincinnana is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To cincinnana
Said thanks: