View Single Post
Old 09-20-2017, 10:07 AM   #58 (permalink)
aruzinsky

Zone: 6a (10 miles east of 5b)
Name: Steve
BananaBucks : 159,758
Said "Thanks" 15 Times
Was Thanked 781 Times in 315 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 5 Times
Default Re: Fruit Fuel - Banana Fuel UPDATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
Mr. Aruzinsky:
You have referenced a non-peer-reviewed article from an M.A. student in Egypt studying with a professor in Syria.
Regardless, the immobility of conventional phosphates in soil has been alleged by many authors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
Certainly the penetration of phosphates is an issue in alkaline soils but you are missing the point when it comes to fruiting plants.
No, I am not missing the point because I never took issue with your 2:1:3 formulation. You are missing the point because 2:1:3 is not the ratio in the soil at the root zone because the phosphates in your fertilizer stay near the surface of the soil. It's a simple concept. For example, it would be relevant for you to reference a paper in a peer reviewed journal that said that conventional phosphates were mobile in non-alkaline clay soils. Otherwise, I suggest that you should stop pontificating on irrelevancies.

Incidentally, to whomever else it may concern, the immobility of phosphates in Richard's fertilizer has an easy workaround. Pour the solution into the planting hole before planting.
aruzinsky is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To aruzinsky
Said thanks: