Thread: Hurricane Irma!
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2017, 12:59 PM   #34 (permalink)
cranemit

Zone: 10
Name: Andy
BananaBucks : 2,425
Said "Thanks" 4 Times
Was Thanked 19 Times in 7 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Re: Hurricane Irma!

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwmax View Post
If the boom was/is still in the lower part of the plant, it will and just be shorter. If it was pushing and in the top part you cut off, no; but can .still make pups for you
There was a hole in the innermost part that's poking out (you can probably see in the zoomed in picture, although not sure if it's clear), so I think that is just an ordinary leaf, but not sure. I'm still relatively new at this, so would I be able to tell if the part with the bloom had been chopped off, like will the part growing from the middle look different? Obviously if in a week I see the flower emerge, I'll know it's good

Any advice on supporting the weight, or should it be okay as it is? I was thinking some kind of improvised brace for that section, but maybe some others have some experience with this.

As far as pups, there are already a few coming up, so I'm not too worried there. Just was eager to get this next bunch since it's so close, rather than having to wait a while for the next ones to grow! I imagine most bananas in South Florida will be set back a little bit.

Thanks for the info!
cranemit is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To cranemit