View Single Post
Old 08-19-2017, 10:27 PM   #6 (permalink)
hdynad

Zone: 7
Name: Darla
BananaBucks : 54,953
Said "Thanks" 1,769 Times
Was Thanked 797 Times in 318 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 53 Times
Default Re: Blue Java pre flag leaf???

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy banana View Post
That is weird. My Blue Java usually fruits around 12'. And I am 100% sure that I have sent you a Blue Java.
I remember that you were saying that the plant/p-stem had some slight damage when you received it and you had staked it up somehow. Is that correct? Maybe it is related to that or like mentioned above, it is growing out of some kind of deficiency. Remarkable the growing rate from about 24" pup mid May this year in only 3 month to 5'. No mix up on your end?
I don't think it is a pre-flag leaf. Usually there is some bunching of the leaves at the top of the plant and you will also see some bulging where the inflorescence is about to come out. It is hard to tell by your photos, but my best guess is that you probably will have to wait for an inflorescence. No matter what, keep us all posted. Interesting case we can all learn from.

Thanks for seeing the post, , no staking on this end, banana arrived in perfect condition in May and i put it in a pot for a short period of time and then put it in the ground then it took off. Been using fruit fuel every other week, obtw i love the stuff, all fruiting trees and nanners are happy campers. Will keep everyone posted.

happy growing,

Darla
Currently growing, , DGM Highgate, Blue Java, Dwarf Red, Dwarf Brazilian , Ensete Glaucum, Pitogo, Hoa Moa, Raja Puri, Thai Black, VG Chaing Rai, Manzano, Praying Hands. Yunnan, Hawiaan Crown, Dwarf Red Plantain
hdynad is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To hdynad
Said thanks: