View Single Post
Old 08-01-2017, 07:55 AM   #9 (permalink)
cincinnana
container grower

Zone: HZ 6/5 Microclimate - Elevation 750 feet- 228.60 meters
BananaBucks : 767
Said "Thanks" 3,865 Times
Was Thanked 11,706 Times in 4,870 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 1,943 Times
Smile Re: Fertiliser for my banana plants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavenderjade View Post
I would be in 9a
Zone 9 in a great zone to be in I take it your coastal?...
Do you have an area you can plant those Basjoos ....they are going to get big

Since your plants are small you could use a common/inexpencive water soluble fertilizer until you plant them in the ground when they get larger. Your chances of over fertilizing are diminished if you use a water soluble. You could get by with what your using until you introduce your plants in the ground.

But once the plants get some size and they are planted in the ground and established you may switch to a common granular /garden fertilizer like another forum member(Botanical Bryce) has suggested.

These common garden fertilizers are somewhat inexpensive and can be used on all your tropicals and garden, even your lawn if you wish.

Any triple npk above 10 will work as Edwmax has suggested.

I surmise you will be growing for the tropical foliage look so specialty fertilizers are not needed.

I use triple 19, 15, 12, 10. in the Jungle.

Basjoos are heavy feeders once mature and will reward you well with massive growth and pups with 19-19-19- .......but the other fertilizers work just as well.

I buy what I can afford/on sale and can use as a dual purpose fertilizer for your other plants if possible.