View Single Post
Old 07-23-2017, 11:20 AM   #5 (permalink)
edwmax

Zone: 8b
BananaBucks : 88,401
Said "Thanks" 1,741 Times
Was Thanked 4,440 Times in 2,095 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 414 Times
Default Re: New leaf dried up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Dave View Post
Watered both plants this morning and went out this afternoon and the new leaf, still somewhat rolled is dry as paper. They've been outside for several weeks and have had several new pleats leaves in that time with no problem that I could visibly see. . The other is partial shade and seems to be doing fine. It's in the 100's here currently in Wichita ks and I water them a gallon every morning.
Picture would help, but I think your post did state the problem.

Bananas need expire a lot of water thru the leaves to keep cool. They need a lot of water, especially during times of low humidity and high heat. Misting the plants 2 or 3 time a day helps to keep the plant cool and hydrated. Also, the plants will benefit from (partial ?) shade during the heat of the day (afternoon). ... You have two potted plants as examples: one in full sun not doing well; and one in partial shade doing fine as per you post.

Since these are potted, remember that pups growing next to the mother plant receives shade and cooling from thru water expiration by the mother plant. So pups and potted plants usually do not have the root development or pot size to support the water needs during high temperature days and low humidity. ... Florida excepted, it's a greenhouse down there.