View Single Post
Old 07-23-2017, 06:26 AM   #1 (permalink)
pikkenix
Banana viking

Zone: USDA zone 6b
Name: Daniel
BananaBucks : 16,407
Said "Thanks" 32 Times
Was Thanked 43 Times in 22 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 1 Times
Default Problems after transplant to hydro from soil

Wanted to try bananas in hydro. So I planted one of my SDCs in a drip system. The first days it was a bit "limp" and I thought it was the transplant chock.
After a few days it started to get burnt around the tips of leaves (both new and old leaves).
First days I just added a very small amount of nutrients (EC = 0,35 mS) but after about 4 days (after burnt leaves) I added some more nutritiens (now the EC is 1.25 mS).
The burning still keeps coming, but in a far slower rate.

Could the problem be it was to low EC, or could it be transplant chock, or anything else. Anyone experienced the same and should I expect this when transplanting a banan from soil to hydro?

Can anyone describe their best method when transplanting a banana from soil to hydro?

Some pics

Right after transplant:

Day after tansplant:

4 days after transplant:

6 days after transplant (today):

Banana plants:
Musa Super Dwarf Cavendish, Musa Dwarf Red, Musa Siam Ruby, Musa Basjoo, Musa Rajapuri, Musa Dajiao, Ensete ventricosum "Mauerelli", Musa Dwarf Orinoco
pikkenix is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To pikkenix
Said thanks:

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors