View Single Post
Old 07-09-2017, 04:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
chickenfreak
chickenfreak

Zone: 9b
BananaBucks : 1,497
Said "Thanks" 3 Times
Was Thanked 10 Times in 4 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default My banana has amnesia

Hello!

I'm obviously new around here, and I was hoping somebody could identify my mystery naner. I bought it in central Florida (north of Deland) from some Mexican people. The only English they could say was "short, fat, sweet". Since the woman didn't wink, I figure she was talking about the fruit and not me.

The flower popped out about 9 months after planting. Where it came out is about 7' high. About 5 months after I planted, hurricane Matthew blew through and tore up the leaves, but the stalk was unhurt, so it seems to have strong roots. The leaves get shredded VERY easily, as opposed to a dwarf Namwah I just planted where there hasn't been any shredding at all. The fruit took a little more than 4 months before it was rounded enough to harvest. The plant produced two hands, with 8 fruits each.

I've included pix below. The shot of naners on stalk was taken a couple weeks after they appeared. I ate the one in the picture and it was slightly tart in the middle, but that could've been because it was just a tiny bit not ripe.

If anyone could help, I would really appreciate it. I have limited space and don't want to buy the same thing again. Thank you!
(I tried to upload photos from my gallery, but they didn't appear.)

Attached Images
File Type: jpg naner 1.jpg (1.09 MB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg naner 2.jpg (1.20 MB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg naner 3.jpg (1.16 MB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg naner 4.jpg (522.0 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg naner 5.jpg (536.5 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg naner 6.jpg (1.17 MB, 21 views)

Last edited by chickenfreak : 07-09-2017 at 05:00 PM. Reason: no photos
chickenfreak is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To chickenfreak
Said thanks:

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors