View Single Post
Old 07-04-2017, 03:57 PM   #16 (permalink)
Tytaylor77
Banana Plants for Trade

Zone: 8b
Name: Ty
BananaBucks : 47,610
Said "Thanks" 4,612 Times
Was Thanked 3,726 Times in 1,185 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 424 Times
Default Re: Ice Cream or Namwa?

All of it is really sad. The problem is so bad now some sellers and online nurseries will substitute anything for anything just because others are doing it! I have a good friend who ordered several dwarf Orinoco and received dwarf cavendish from a very well known online nursery! More wine spots than green on the leaves! How do you mess this up? When I talked her into complaining the owner does nothing. This is a LONG time seller I won't mention the sites name since I didn't make the purchase, but I know 100% he knows a DO from a DC. And sent all 5 that she purchased, so I know it was intentional!

I know the blue java mix up is by agristarts but my point is there is so many people who are driven by $ and who do not care. Our mix up problems are going to get way worse than it is now in the future!

Blue Java I would say is the worse!
Ladyfinger is 2nd and I bet 90% ladyfingers out there are not the original AA.
Raja Puri I say is 3rd!

So beware if you read about these and decide you want one! Do research about the seller! Ask around if you have to! The extra day looking and researching will save you 2+ years of wasted growing time. Get it from a verified and fruited source if possible! Even if it costs $10 more it's worth it! How much $ will you put into that new plant before you get fruit? Way more than $10.

Last edited by Tytaylor77 : 07-04-2017 at 03:59 PM.
Tytaylor77 is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Tytaylor77
Said thanks:

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors