View Single Post
Old 06-01-2017, 02:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
TangTonic

BananaBucks : 637
Said "Thanks" 1 Times
Was Thanked 6 Times in 2 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Hello from St. croix!

Hi everyone,

What a great forum this is here. I had two kinds of banana species I was unable to identify. I posted over on another and someone kindly pointed me in the right direction.

One type he has identified as apple banana. This threw me off because I used to live on Kauai and the Hawaiian Apple Bananas look completely different. But then I learned on this forum that the Hawaiian apple banana is actually a Brazilian banana.

The other type I was unable to identify is Saba. I didn't plant this one, it was already on the property I live on.

I'll post some pics on my gallery and would be grateful if someone can confirm that those are the two varieties I have.

I've been living on St. Croix for seven years now and have purchased a one acre property that my wife and I have been planting up with all kinds of fruit trees and bananas. I'll post a few pics of our property as well. Check my gallery for the pictures.

Anyways, just wanted to say hi and glad to be part of the community here.
TangTonic is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To TangTonic
Said thanks:

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors