View Single Post
Old 05-21-2017, 10:06 AM   #5 (permalink)
Eric1221

Zone: 7
BananaBucks : 35,626
Said "Thanks" 158 Times
Was Thanked 112 Times in 65 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Re: Asimina Triloba (Paw Paw)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larryrolson View Post
I have grown a few dozen Pawpaw trees over the years. Their growth rate varies greatly according to their genetics.

The fruit is one of my favorite on the planet in the custard apple family. They don't fruit very heavily mostly because of lack of appropriate pollinators which are flies.

I have never seen anything like what you're describing going on with discolored leaves. Perhaps if you showed us a picture it might be helpful.

Good luck
What kind of cultivars of paw paws did you grow ? And how long did rhey take you to flower and fruit ? Any tips for growing them well ? I like hearing other ppls experiences. I'll try posting a pic
I am very fascinated and excited about growing Pawpaws (Asimina triloba). I also am equally fascinated and excited to be growing: Pawpaw cultivars, Echinacea purpurea 'magnus', Asclepias tuberosa Butterfly Weed, Musa basjoo Cold Hardy Banana, Lycium barbarum 'Sweet Lifeberry', Passiflora incarnata 'hardy native maypop'.

Future projects: Indigenous/native host plants for butterflies such as: Zizia aurea Golden Alexanders, Eutrochium maculatum Joe Pye Weed, Asclepias incarnata Rose Milkweed.
Eric1221 is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Eric1221
Sponsors