View Single Post
Old 05-20-2017, 05:32 AM   #2 (permalink)
cincinnana
Container grower

Zone: HZ 6/5 Microclimate - Elevation 750 feet- 228.60 meters
Name: Cin
BananaBucks : 8,406
Said "Thanks" 3,402 Times
Was Thanked 7,923 Times in 3,091 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 1,414 Times
Default Re: Asimina Triloba (Paw Paw)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric1221 View Post
Hello all I am currently growing threw paw paw trees. Two are from hirt's that i purchased last year and i got a ksu-atwood pawpaw from one green world last year. This growing season the two paw paws from hirts are growinf quite vigorously and already put out 3-5 inches of new shoots with leaves. The ksu atwood however is growing much slower.. the leaves look light green with a discolor on the back, are smaller, look a little deformed almost.. not completey deformed but not full or uniform they look kinda weak almost? And its not growing too much. I am trying to keep the soil moist but i'm wondering if it could be transplant shock still? I'm just wondering whats going on because the other two paw paws next to this tree are flourishing and they are all in full sun. The trees are about 2 feet each. The ksu atwood may be onlt 16-18 inches tall. Im gonna try shading it from now on but i was curiois if anyone else has any tips or experience with paw paws to know what could be going on?
I find it awesome your growing a native Ohio fruit.
Locally in our parks there are a few still around and Ohio has a few annual Paw paw festivals

While I do not grow them I do know there is a wealth of information on the internet and there is even a paw paw club which sells plants.

My guess is your plant is still in transplant shock
cincinnana is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To cincinnana
Said thanks: