View Single Post
Old 05-07-2017, 09:46 AM   #1 (permalink)
HMelendez
The Banana Gang Enforcer

Zone: 10B-11
BananaBucks : 192,068
Said "Thanks" 11,104 Times
Was Thanked 5,278 Times in 1,618 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 737 Times
Default A kid in a candy store at Going Bananas!

On May 3, 2017, I went to Going Bananas located in Homestead, Florida and I purchased a couple of 'nana varieties!....Don and Katie, are the owners of Going Bananas, at nursery dedicated most to 'nana varieties!...I have been there a couple of times!....Every time I go there, Don always forgot about me!....LOL....

*****I would emphasizes, I'm not affiliated in any way with Going Bananas or getting paid to do this!.....I just want to recognized their contribution, dedication and hard work to the 'nana society/world!*****

Don is an exceptional human being!...A very intellectual and a calm person!....Same as Don's wife, Katie!...Katie most of the time, manages the nursery/business customer service!....Very honest and good people!....

Don mentioned that Gabe (Gabe15) is one of the most acknowledgeable persons of the world about 'nanas, along with Mrs. Angela Kepler (from the book World Of Bananas In Hawaii)....Don and Gabe are very good friends!....

Don let me take a bunch of pictures in which I'm sharing with you 'nana members/addicts!....Thank you Don for have the time and the patience to showed me around!.....

Pictures taken on May 3, 2017....Please don't ask me for the names of the nana varieties on the pictures!....so many pictures!....LOL....

First stage of TC plants (small TC plants)....All plants labeled with their name of 'nana variety!....

Don at the first stage TC plants (small TC plants).....

Bottom of the picture from left to right: Richard Wallace, as Gabe mentioned to me, is the guy responsible in Georgia who did all the trials with Veinte Cohol!....Don (Going Bananas) and Gabe (Gabe15)!....Picture taken on 2011!....

Second stage of TC plants (bigger plants)....All plants labeled with their name of 'nana variety!....

Then, to the groove!......Big, huge 'nana groove planted along with fruiting trees!.....Pictures of some of the 'nana plants varieties!....

Beautiful 'Ae Ae' Manini!.....

Pictures of some of the fruiting plants/trees!....

Hopefully you guys enjoyed as I did!.....

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors