View Single Post
Old 05-03-2017, 04:09 AM   #7 (permalink)
gnappi

BananaBucks : 21,422
Said "Thanks" 14 Times
Was Thanked 127 Times in 65 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Re: Edible Zebrina Rojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tytaylor77 View Post
It is a Musa Sumatrana Rojo x Gran Nain cross! They sell them as TC cultures. Not rare at all. I have NEVER seen one bloom! Truly awesome! Both plants are extremely cold sensitive. So I bet this variety really is. That may be way you see so few fruiting? I don't know. Very beautiful plant! Seedless! It is always advertised as a seedless variety.

Congrats! Keep us updated as they ripen fully. Cut the fruit up like others do and do a taste report! I'm pretty sure none has been done!

Very cool you got ripe fruit off it.
Congrats!
Thank you very much!

Maybe it's the climate down here in North Broward? We have not had really cold weather here, but it's REALLY good to know it may be sensitive. Now that I know this, just to keep it going, every year if we get a cold snap predicted I will cut off a pup and some of the korm and bring it inside. I'll also bring in the one that's in a pot.

For sure I'll keep up with taste reports, and the offer to locals for pup cuttings as well as fruit samples is open. I REALLY dislike selling plants but even more so I HATE going to the post office. :-)
gnappi is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To gnappi
Said thanks: