View Single Post
Old 04-19-2017, 07:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
Paulzie32

Zone: 9b
Name: Paul
BananaBucks : 34,937
Said "Thanks" 952 Times
Was Thanked 154 Times in 64 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 18 Times
Default Full Size Fruit Plants

Hey All...

Now that my collection is bigger than I ever expected it to get... this fast anyway, I'm now wondering What varieties produce Larger or Full size fruit? I hadn't been aware of how many produced small fruit. I thought the norm was larger fruit, more like Cavendish sized.
So, Is there a list someone has compiled, that lists varieties based on Fruit size?

Also, are the smaller fruits usually sweeter types and are most "Plantain" type or cooking type bananas usually larger? For instance, I don't know of a "Dessert" type banana that is the size of a Rhino Horn... Or is there?

And I know someone is going to bring up the fact that what's a dessert banana to some is a cooking banana to others, but I'm sure you all know what I'm referring to. I'm not looking for a debate as to which is which.

Thanks
Have: Mysore, Pisang Klotek, Rajapuri, a Pineapple flavored type (Pisang Raja?), Manzano, Veinte Cohol, Gros Michel, Gran Nain, Double Mahoi, Enano Gigante, Dwarf Cavendish, SDC, TT, SH3640, FHIA-18, a NOT FHIA-18 (?), FHIA 01, Pitogo, Blue Java, Dwarf Red, Dwarf Namwah, Tall Namwah, Orinoco (from 3 locations), Dwarf Orinoco, Cali Gold, Hua Moa, (Red?) Iholena, Dwarf Iholene, Dwarf Puerto Rican, Velutina and growing
Paulzie32 is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Paulzie32
Said thanks:

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors