View Single Post
Old 04-18-2017, 10:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
crazy banana

Zone: 9-11
BananaBucks : 10,039
Said "Thanks" 3,021 Times
Was Thanked 2,961 Times in 1,115 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 1,969 Times
Default Re: Looking for a Blue Java (Ice Cream)

I have the "real deal" IceCream Blue Java (see my Avatar photo), but have a waiting list for pups.
It will be a challenge for you in Ohio to get a banana plant to fruit and actually have the fruits fill in and ripen. The Namwah variety falsely is oftentimes sold as IceCream banana by nurseries or online sellers, because of its nice flavor which sometimes reminds people of Vanilla IceCream, but it is not an IceCream banana. I find Namwah growing very prolific in my yard and love the taste.
The IceCream Blue Java grows very well too. If you want well growing plants, both varieties will do that. The IceCream Blue Java has been inconsistent for me with fruits: summer grown fruits were delicious while winter fruit bunches where barely edible or just so so.
Namwah fruits are always a hit here.
As you probably have a much shorter growing season than us in San Diego, I would recommend to get a Namwah, but can put you on the waiting list for the real IceCream Blue Java. I sell them both.

Last edited by crazy banana : 04-18-2017 at 11:02 PM.
crazy banana is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To crazy banana
Said thanks: