View Single Post
Old 04-17-2017, 06:39 AM   #1 (permalink)
Little Belle

Zone: 8a
Name: Belle
BananaBucks : 3,041
Said "Thanks" 4 Times
Was Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default I Think My Dwarf Lady Finger is Dead

Hi everybody. I'm new. I just posted my introduction. Per the name of this thread, I think my Dwarf Lady Finger is dead. Last Fall, I started to withhold water. After the first frost, I cut the leaves to about 6". I wintered it in my unheated/dark basement as I had done the previous two winters. I watered it just once. Towards late winter, it started to feel mushy. I dragged it outside a few weeks' ago and 2 of the 3 "stumps" in the pot were dead right to the roots. I removed them from the pot So for the last three weeks, the one remaining plant has done nothing. It's been in the sun and watered, but no growth at all. Just a brown stump. The stump is not mushy, but nothing is happening. Is it dead? How long should I give it to come around? The past 2 Springs I saw growth almost immediately after putting the pot outside.

If it is dead, I want to buy another, but first I need to know where I went wrong. It was so big and healthy before going into the basement for the winter. Maybe the soil was too wet when I brought it in. I have no idea. Anyway, any help appreciated. As we all know, those little 4" pots from Logee's are not cheap, plus they are sold out for the season.
Little Belle is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Little Belle

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors