View Single Post
Old 04-04-2017, 05:12 AM   #1 (permalink)
Zacarias
Guero fronterizo

Zone: 10
Name: Guerote
BananaBucks : 75,777
Said "Thanks" 74 Times
Was Thanked 84 Times in 61 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Send a message via AIM to Zacarias
Default inside small m. velutina with black tips on leaves?

Hey all,

So I ordered myself a small m. velutina from somewhere and just wondering why on the second-to-last leaf there's a black spot that has gotten worse on the tip of leaf.

The details. It is in the pot it came in by the window of a northern exposure window in the Seattle area. It is 72 to 64 degrees inside the room it's in with humidity from 40 to 60% It is in a smaller pot with a wick and I'm sure it's impossible to over water it due to there being no perched water in the pot, but I also don't water it like crazy due to it being in northern exposure which is little light for a banana.

The only thing I can think of for the black spot is that below the windowsill it is on, there is a baseboard heater that comes on and off. I have a piece of cardboard to try to protect the windowsill plants from receiving direct flow from that heater but I just reinforced it because there were small areas where the direct heat could still get through.

Any ideas or am I worrying too much?

Z
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20170404_024901.jpg (922.6 KB, 30 views)
Zacarias is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Zacarias
Said thanks:

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors