View Single Post
Old 02-26-2008, 10:23 AM   #8 (permalink)
stokesjl
musical nut

Zone: 5
Name: Jonathan
BananaBucks : 4,394
Said "Thanks" 0 Times
Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Re: Hello all, another new guy here

Hey all:

Thanks for the awesome welcome!

Hehe....I can already tell I'm gonna love this place. Already contacted someone about purchasing some kick-arse sagos!

As for your question Kylie, I've got many things going right now. From the time I was born until I was about 25, my mother owned and operated a small greenhouse here in the midwest. We always lived in a small place with no yard, so our only way to garden was indoors and on the patio. So as long as I can remember I've been experimenting with tropicals. I began by rooting cuttings of moms devil's ivy in water, which eventually took over the house. But ma' didn't seem to mind as eventually those cuttings ended up in pots and sold in the greenhouse. I was a 9 year old entrepeneur!

Of course as it goes for most 80s garden kids like myself, I fell in love with the karate kid movies and developed an appetite for bonsai. i've now got an 16 y/o ficus benjamina bonsai and several cascading junipers of equal age chilling out on my unheated back porch.

Lately I still have a passion for tropicals and indoor gardening. I have an obsession with monocots i.e. palms, dracaenas, cordylines, yuccas, and bamboos. I just can't get enough!