View Single Post
Old 02-05-2017, 04:38 AM   #1 (permalink)
AdotKarl

BananaBucks : 21,392
Said "Thanks" 380 Times
Was Thanked 215 Times in 72 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 926 Times
Default Soaking seeds getting moldy

Hi! I currently have a bunch of musa sikkimensis seeds soaking in cooled-down boiled water, and another bunch in a nitrozyme solution with the same water. All of them have been filled a little bit so a little part of the white embryo is visible. Despite all measures to do everything in as clean an environment as possible some of them seem to be developing a fluff around them. What would be a safe way to clean the seeds so they won't start to mold or rot when I plant them in soil? If it hadn't been for the fact that they are filled down and the embryo is exposed I would use antibacterial soap or something , but with the vulnerable parts a little exposed I am reluctant to use any harsher methods. Any advice or personal experience with seeds starting to grow a tad moldy?

Thanks

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors