View Single Post
Old 01-20-2017, 01:23 AM   #9 (permalink)
greenfumb

Zone: 8a
BananaBucks : 19,721
Said "Thanks" 41 Times
Was Thanked 18 Times in 13 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Re: container for dwarf cavendish

I have some plastic containers that large trees about 5 inches in diameter were planted in. The trees were being planted at a new shopping center. They threw the containers away. I could only get 3 of them in the trunk of my Ford Crown Victoria, they are pretty big. Probably 30 x 30 inches, will that hold a mature Dwarf cavendish without stunting it's growth.

I have a sun room that is about 14 x 30 feet, I am thinking about using as a green house. I am not looking forward to the winter heating cost, but I guess that is just part of the game. I am thinking about putting the dwarf cavendish bananas in the sun room. I can't help but think that they would grow better outside where they could get more sun. The sun room is on the west side of the house, it would get more sun on the south side of the house.

My number one problem is I dont know bananas well, so I was hoping for some advice on where and how these cavendish do well. They do look like they have small root systems. That makes them look like they will do well in less than huge containers.
greenfumb is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To greenfumb
Said thanks: