View Single Post
Old 01-18-2017, 03:22 AM   #1 (permalink)
greenfumb

Zone: 8a
BananaBucks : 20,033
Said "Thanks" 41 Times
Was Thanked 18 Times in 13 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default container for dwarf cavendish

I am considering planting some dwarf cavendish bananas in containers. What size container would I need to not stunt the growth of the plant. The goal is to allow the tree to get as big as it would in the ground. I live in zone 8a so I am thinking that my winters are a little too cold to plant in the ground. I do have a pallet jack, so I can bring a big container built on a pallet into the garage in the winter. Where I am at mid 20's are the normal lows. Every now and then like once every 10 years we see low teens, our record low is 8 degrees, but anything below mid 20's is unusual.

I was thinking about some heat tape and heaping mulch on top of it during the winter if I put the plants in the ground. I have 6 plants about 6 inches high, got to figure out what to do for these little guys.

Any help is appreciated.
greenfumb is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To greenfumb

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors