View Single Post
Old 01-02-2017, 08:20 AM   #1 (permalink)
Pinky135

Zone: zone 8
BananaBucks : 2,062
Said "Thanks" 8 Times
Was Thanked 8 Times in 3 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default My nearly dead banana ('nother update)

Hi all,

It's been a month since I updated last. I've since put the corm in a bit deeper and it does seem to be absorbing water. The radiator (almost) underneath the plant is turned off. There's still cold air coming around, because my windowsills are aluminium and they're not keeping the cold out. THe temperature in the windowsill can fluctuate between 14 and 20C, depending on sunlight, wind direction and force, and whether or not my main radiator is on (on the other side of the room).

This was my plant 6 weeks ago:

This was 4 weeks ago:

And this is today:

As I've said, it seems to be taking in water. The pstem is now about half as tall since the first time I posted and is composed of just 2 leaf stems. I need to water it about once every 3 days as the indicator gets red.

I've read the responses on my first thread, and since my plant is taking in water, I'm going to be patient and wait for spring to come around. Any other advice is still welcome!
Pinky135 is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Pinky135
Said thanks:

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors