View Single Post
Old 12-12-2016, 03:20 PM   #12 (permalink)
Gabe15

Zone: 12
Name: Gabe
BananaBucks : 13,339,529
Said "Thanks" 1 Times
Was Thanked 8,237 Times in 2,200 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 8 Times
Default Re: Thoughts on the ID of this beauty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PR-Giants View Post
I've grown hundreds of these strongly variegated specimens and most of what you wrote is not correct. Although this post isn't as bad as your Santa Claus one, it's probably just based on a lack of actual growing experience. It's not possible to know when a specimen was separated from the mother plant and also there is no reason to believe these specimens are not capable of producing fruit. The fact that you have never seen it is really just anecdotal nonsense. These strongly variegated specimens behave similarly as other pups would while attached to the mother plant.
In the spirit of sharing knowledge and experience, and not just putting others down, I'd truly enjoy seeing some evidence of what you're trying to refute me on.

So please, for all of our benefit and interest, if you can show us a pure or nearly pure-white banana plant that has grown to maturity on it's own (not a single shoot on a mat with normally green-variegated leaves), established a healthy mat and fruited normally, I think we would all love to see that.