Thread: Hope they grow
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2016, 10:12 AM   #9 (permalink)
MBindy2000

BananaBucks : 21,873
Said "Thanks" 201 Times
Was Thanked 161 Times in 70 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Re: Hope they grow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose263 View Post
MB -Are you using a heat pad under the tray? - i didn't see one in the photos. What temp is the soil in the pots?
I have grown only velutina from seed collected from ripe fruit - I scarified the seeds with a nail file before planting to speed up germination but, that probably wasn't necessary. I did use a heat source and later a light source after seed sprouted. Only one month seems a short timeframe. But, if
curiosity wins over patience, you could unearth one of the seeds and look for signs of growth - just be gentle.
Good luck
No I don't have a heat pad, but thinking about getting one. I'm really am a beginner at bananas(growing seeds). I have grown what seedman call a giant nepal banana and have a thread on that. Out of ten seeds only three made it and grew very nice. I figured with my method or got lucky I could get at least a quarter of these seeds to grow. Soil Temperature, I really couldn't tell you what it is, although, I would imagine if the there is a lot of condensation on top of the lid then its somewhat warm. I'll assume at night things get cool without the suns heat it has received during the day. The soil is firm and moist, not soaking wet. IF I do unearth the seeds how do I go about starting over? I guess if the seed is soft and mushy then its cashed? Should I start over with new soil or just put the seed back and keep waiting? I have a good idea of what to look for or I think I do . Anyway, its just hard to find patience, so I'll go over to amazon and look up heat pads, HA Thank you
MBindy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To MBindy2000
Said thanks: