View Single Post
Old 09-24-2016, 05:17 PM   #1051 (permalink)
Kat2

Zone: 10A or 9B ish. Like it matters?
BananaBucks : 238,655
Said "Thanks" 2,921 Times
Was Thanked 2,669 Times in 1,322 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 595 Times
Default Re: What did you harvest today (bananas)

I've promised a hand to a friend; the guy who didn't object to me ferreting out 2 pups on our 2nd meeting deserves one. I may not have to worry about having them around too long. 11 lbs only. (I know I cut the flower too soon but bunch was in front of my only rear hose bib and this was a dry summer so I had to water since my pump issue hasn't yet been resolved thus things were curtailed.)

I'm now glad I didn't remove all of the plant hangers in my ceilings. Put a piece of tarp on a shelf, made sure shelf is under bunch in case hook lets go, found a piece of wire I dug up in my yard and fashioned a sling. (I just knew I'd need that someday!)

2 of the 3 that kinda fell off in my hand earlier today.

Obviously this bunch is ready to go--those were green when I picked the others.

Glad this is not a heavy bunch; that plant hook is pretty old and flimsy. But I'm thinking that since mistletoe isn't native to Fl, banana bunches would make a tasty changeup.

Last edited by Kat2 : 09-24-2016 at 05:20 PM.
Kat2 is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Kat2
Said thanks:

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors