Thread: Truly Tiny WTF!
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2016, 12:01 AM   #12 (permalink)
TheOrganicMechanic2016
Generalissimo

Zone: 10
Name: Organic Mechanic
BananaBucks : 6,843
Said "Thanks" 319 Times
Was Thanked 34 Times in 18 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 60 Times
Default Re: Truly Tiny WTF!

Quote:
Here in TX it has been around 100F for several weeks and none of mine are doing it. Only time I see things like this on any of my varieties is after I fertilize or during times of heavy rain. It's nothing just let the plant do its thing and it will correct. If it doesn't correct I would hold back the fertilizer a little and see what happens.
Thanks for the info. Will skip any extra liquid feeds the next week or so and stick with water as they need it. Since they're in the clay pots and it's been so warm, I've had to water them almost every day.

Quote:
It is not bent, it just looks bent. After the leaf emerges from the pseudostem it unfurls and lays down, the left side of the leaf unfurled and laid down but the right side didn't unfurl because the tip of the next leaf is preventing it. It will eventually tear the leaf or you can gently pull the tip out and let it unfurl.
Thanks for chiming in. I value your input here.
I tried to help it along, but didn't want to tear the leaf. Lo and behold when I get home from work it's open with a little tear. Seems normal then.

Thanks for easing my troubles about the leaves.
TheOrganicMechanic2016 is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To TheOrganicMechanic2016