View Single Post
Old 07-18-2016, 09:05 AM   #16 (permalink)
quendor91
<div style="font-weight: bold;"></div>

Zone: 6 other sites say 5
BananaBucks : 105,735
Said "Thanks" 207 Times
Was Thanked 46 Times in 37 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 9 Times
Default Re: Making My Own Insecticide with Canola Oil and Dawn Dish Soap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat2 View Post
I don't understand the use of oil. IMO soap alone sprayed on leaves interrupts the delight with which pests chow down and soap alone sprayed on pests messes with their minds and little nasty bodies. Sunlight, dear, dear Sunlight, cannot be found in the US these days. It was and will always be my "pesticide" of choice. Lemony fresh and so wonderful!

How much for 25 oz? Normal recommendations for 1 gallon are no more than 2 tablespoons. Do the math. Err on the side of too little because too much can (and has for me) kill the plant you wish to protect. Spray again in a week if needed but don't think more in the mix is better--it's not.
Haha yeah, I've killed a plant before with too much soap. Mixed around 2-3 tablespoons in like a 10-16oz spray bottle.
quendor91 is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To quendor91

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors