View Single Post
Old 06-24-2016, 12:01 PM   #18 (permalink)
voyager

Zone: 12a
BananaBucks : 31,883
Said "Thanks" 36 Times
Was Thanked 78 Times in 36 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Re: I Don't Think Its an Apple Banana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tytaylor77 View Post
Brazillians never have wine spots right? And Manzano does. I know there is better ways to tell them apart. My Manzano pups always have wine spots. Not a lot. Just 2-3 marks per leaf when small.
I couldn't swear to it, but if memory serves me, the only place I've ever seen spotting on leaves labeled as being apples have been in HD or other big box stores.
From other threads around here, I gather that you can't bee too sure of what you're actually getting at those types of places.

If they do get spots, they probably disappear as the young plant gets older.

-----------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by sputinc7 View Post
I would cut that off as well. It is messy. The one on top looks very much like my blossom at that stage, even the distance between hands is a little more sparse than many bananas are.

Here is another shot of mine around the same time...

Other than a minor difference of color, mainly in the flag leaf they look very similar to me. Funny how the last one I had was completely clean and the new one has a few males left and then they began falling after that. It has the blooming characteristics of a tall but blooms at 9 feet, which is ok, easier to tend to.
Mine are quite small, again too. I remember in Hawaii they do get near Cavendish size, but your pummelos are big as soccer balls, too.
In the second photo, the way the stem is growing out more horizontally with the fruit sticking up almost vertically makes me think DB/B.

Last edited by voyager : 06-24-2016 at 12:09 PM.
voyager is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To voyager
Said thanks: