Thread: My project
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2008, 10:40 AM   #58 (permalink)
microfarmer
Professional Amateur

Zone: CA zone 9b
Name: Senor Excessivo
BananaBucks : 68,779
Said "Thanks" 624 Times
Was Thanked 208 Times in 106 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Re: My project

Quote:
Originally Posted by bencelest View Post
(snip) I am letting the soil settle down and 'conditioned' before I transplant my citrus and bananas at my plat. Meanwhile I will use it as a temporary refuge for my plants.

And to simplify Inkcube's recipe:

N=10 cups
P= 1 cup
K= 13 cups
Thanks Inkcube for a very important lesson.
Looking good, Benny!! I'm looking forward to seeing the finished project!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chong View Post
(snip) Well, I can't argue with Pete. As a kid, again, this was what we used to feed roses. I remember that, as embarrassing as it was, we had to collect road apples along a 10 block radius around our house for my Mom's roses. And we didn't even have to compost them. We just gaged how much to put on each plant. And you should see the size of them roses. Even though, roses are hard to grow in the Philippines because it is too hot!

You see, up until the late mid-60's, the more popular mode of transportation at my Mom's hometown, where I went to high school 225 miles south of Manila, was horse drawn carriage, that we call the "Calesa" or the "Carritela" (2 different styles of carriages). They usually have a sack to catch the poop, but the drivers don't bother to empty them until they go home. So, throughout the day, they overflow all over the place. Picking them up then, in retrospect, was our contribution to community service, since we were minimizing street litter. Though we did not collect the mashed ones (LOL).

Great story Chong!! I can't blame you for passing on the squashed ones...:2780:
My new hero...

Last edited by microfarmer : 02-12-2008 at 10:57 AM.
microfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To microfarmer