Thread: The jungle 2016
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2016, 11:01 AM   #14 (permalink)
Nate74

Zone: 8B Elevation 133m/436ft
BananaBucks : 35,925
Said "Thanks" 113 Times
Was Thanked 243 Times in 60 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 91 Times
Default Re: The jungle 2016

So growth is slow and steady, and it appears that I lost one banana over the winter. When you consider my wintering technique was to cut the stem at 4' and wait for spring perhaps only wasn't so bad.
Last year I concentrated on getting my front yard mostly where I wanted, I will be tinkering with it a little this season. My main project will be the back.

this is my canvas. so this weekend I started off by removing the two raised vegetable beds. Holy was there a lot of soil in those. So I needed a place for that to go, After dressing all of the beds in my yard I still had enough for a new bed in the front.

then it was time to layout this out. Bad angle I know but it was raining by the time I finished and I wasn't going up on the roof for a better shot.

that will be a 15' x 26' pool there will be a deck coming off the house that runs out to it and hopefully some sort of pergola for shade.
In happy plant news my ensetes are itching to get outside.

I keep having to cut them back so that the garage door doesn't hit them and that is 9' sitting on a bare root ball not watered since they came out of the ground.
My tachycarpus is pushing flowers for the first time.

And my Rhodo is in full bloom.

I didn't get a picture but my Alocasias have been moved out and will go into the ground with the ensetes next weekend.