View Single Post
Old 02-28-2016, 02:10 AM   #68 (permalink)
harveyc
Been nuts, gone bananas

Zone: 9b
Name: Harvey
BananaBucks : 90,002
Said "Thanks" 5,995 Times
Was Thanked 4,330 Times in 1,851 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 1,784 Times
Default Re: Notice Regarding Spam Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy banana View Post
I am not a computer geek, but it probably still comes from the same computer. There are static IP addresses (most likely all of us "normal" people use this) and there are dynamic IP addresses which can be changed constantly through certain programs for the purpose of spamming or other nuisances.
Sooner than later we need something like the proposed Captcha or similar things in place.
Big "Thanks" again to all the moderators and hopefully the founder and administrator of this great forum still shows a little interest in it.
I have little doubt that it's coming from the same computer. My response was in regards to Celine's suggestion of blocking the IP address. That would not work in this case.

In addition, that's not something that I or other moderators can do nor the implementation of a captcha registration process. These things have already been discussed and continuing to bring them up is of no benefit to this thread. The people reading the thread already understand what would help.

The moderators are acting on problems and just putting out fires before they get big again because that's the best we can do.