View Single Post
Old 01-18-2008, 10:35 AM   #1 (permalink)
Lodewijkp

Zone: 7a 8a
BananaBucks : 114,079
Said "Thanks" 29 Times
Was Thanked 24 Times in 15 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Seeds and chemicals

1. Ok i heard that pouring boiling water over banana seeds wil remove the chemicals that prevent germination, i did this with palm seeds with thick coating for a few years and it did no harm to them.

did someone tried this with nanner seeds ?

2. banana seeds naturally are in ground with lots of bacteria and fungus, wil sterile ground - reduce the overall germination rate - ?

3. In the wild nanners seeds wil rot in the banana, my point is that al the fruit contains yeast. Yeast wil increase when the banana fruit rots is this of any importance ?

4. after a while ( got seeds for 3 months now ) do they need a re-soak for 48 hours or are they still ok ?

5. did some1 experimented with germination seeds in the garden outside ?

6. scarifiing seeds ? helps or not helps ? coincidence ? or is this really helpful

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors