View Single Post
Old 01-25-2016, 07:12 PM   #38 (permalink)
robguz24
Rob

Zone: 11
Name: Rob
BananaBucks : 259,959
Said "Thanks" 1,320 Times
Was Thanked 4,961 Times in 1,080 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 204 Times
Default Re: SH-3640 - Jan 24, 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botanical_Bryce View Post
I have a list and location of all my bananas. I am finding that I am putting question marks by several on my list. I do plan to from now on get my plants from an agristart supplier.
It's quite a problem with banana collecting unfortunately. I have probably 4 "Goldfingers" by now, none being the real thing and no idea what any of them really are. They're different from each other and different from anything else I have.

I've had issues with Agristarts, local sellers, online sellers, and even botanical gardens where you think they'd be pretty certain what they are growing and selling. And I have been part of the problem too, as I've sold pups from ones that hadn't fruited yet, trusting my source. I don't do that anymore, but it's annoying because they can put out many before fruiting for the first time and allowing a pretty definitive ID.

Bananas.org is like so many other forums. Please don't get too discouraged if you feel disrespected. Most here are happy to help and since many of us are just hobbyists, we don't mind whether we are considered authorities or not. I'm certainly not an authority on anything beyond my own yard (and sometimes not even that), though I'll give my opinion at times, especially when things seem pretty clear.
robguz24 is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To robguz24
Said thanks: