View Single Post
Old 01-23-2016, 10:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
GregTJ

BananaBucks : 5,581
Said "Thanks" 2 Times
Was Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Can Musa Double Mahoi be container grown?

New member here, just signed up! I've been an orchid grower for about 2 years now and I've picked up a lot of interesting plants along the way.

So on a whim 5 months ago I bought a Musa Double Mahoi TC clone. It was pretty small when I got it, but it's growing at an alarming rate.
I've been keeping it at ~70-90F (Night/Day respectively) and 30-40% RH under a mixed MH/HPS lighting setup where I grow most of my other tropical and desert plants.

So my question is; Is this pot big enough to support a fully grown Double Mahoi? (See attached picture.)
I think I have enough vertical space to grow it without a problem, but it's definitely going to take every inch of space and I may have to light it from the sides.
Has anything like this been fruited indoors before? Is it possible?

I have 7.5' ceilings and I live in Montana so outdoors is out of the question...

Sorry about the dark photo, it's too bright in my grow room to get a good picture so I took it in to my living room.

Last edited by GregTJ : 01-23-2016 at 10:28 PM.
GregTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To GregTJ
Said thanks:

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors