View Single Post
Old 01-19-2016, 12:40 AM   #12 (permalink)
siege2050
Hobby obsessor maximus

Zone: zone 7
BananaBucks : 325,446
Said "Thanks" 854 Times
Was Thanked 1,294 Times in 614 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 85 Times
Default Re: growing bananas in northern/central north carolina?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feistywidget View Post
A few off topic questions but I can't get the info for it elsewhere. Can I grow mango and guava (pineapple guava) in northern to central NC provided I used the type of protection you described with bananas?

If I were to grow bananas and the others listed in a coastal area of northern N. Carolina, would they still need protection?

Also again off-topic, sorry. Could you grow rhubarb as a perennial in N. Carolina? The reason I'd be growing the tropical fruits mentioned is because rhubarb won't grow in the southern part of the state and I like rhubarb.

Would you have to wrap the branches of the trees in something (tarp like you mentioned for example) if they're going to be in a greenhouse? Also could you show pictures as to what this should look like if possible?
I am not positive, but I think Rhubarb is a cool growing plant, I know here it wont do very well in our heat.

If you don't eat yer meat, you can't have any Banana pudding! How can you have any Banana pudding if you don't eat yer meat?!

Click for weather forecast
siege2050 is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To siege2050