View Single Post
Old 01-10-2016, 06:22 PM   #34 (permalink)
Lau

Zone: 10
Name: Susan Lau
BananaBucks : 47,491
Said "Thanks" 9,326 Times
Was Thanked 915 Times in 339 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 623 Times
Hiya Re: Does this look Like a Williams Banana Plant?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PR-Giants View Post
Mark, if the suspense is making you hungry... I can send you some of these buds

they taste like goldfinger

What is it?

Keith, I found this picture of your FHIA-3 in your gallery. I think it is the same bud, but I'm not 100% sure. Do you think it could be a FHIA-3? The only thing about the FHIA-3 is the Messy Rachis. The Bracts fell off my plant.

My bud and the FHIA-1 do look different, but I didn't leave my bud on long enough to see what it looks like when the banana are ripe.

Maybe my plant is a FHIA-2. The picture of the FHIA-2 in the Musa Accessions Catalog, that Gabe posted, looks like my unknown bud too.

Thanks Gabe and Keith for all your help with this plant. I think I got this plant from Home Depot or Armstrong Garden Centers in Long Beach. It was one of the first banana plants I purchased.

I purchased the rest of my plants from "Florida Hills and Aloha Tropicals, so I will have a lot of banana plants to identify later.

I still have my unknown Plant (cleaned up the old mat) and next time it blooms I know what pictures would be helpful for identification.

Remember if you want to Identify your plant its helpful if you leave the bud on until you harvest the bunch.

Maybe my plant is just a FHIA-Mutant or maybe just a Mutant!!!

Thanks Susan

Last edited by Lau : 01-10-2016 at 08:17 PM. Reason: add a photo
Lau is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Lau
Said thanks: