View Single Post
Old 01-07-2016, 06:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
J4RT

BananaBucks : 4,637
Said "Thanks" 0 Times
Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Hot or Not: wine-colored spots (pics)

Any idea What causes these deep, wine-colored splotches?

BananaHydro2016 - Album on Imgur

Ordered the little fellas online 3 months ago. Mix of Gran Nain, Gold Finger, Lady Finger - or at least what I was sold . VERY SLOWLY, and with the mystical properties of Mycorrhizal powder, weaned them off soil and eventually indoors in my hydro setup. About 1 month after they went hydro, these large red spots started tattooing all new leaves on most of the nanas. The nutrient solution is similar to the color of the spots, so thinking I might be 'staining' the leaves? Cultivar specific?

Leaf emergence rate seems good, a new and larger leaf every 4-5 days. Corms solid like a turnip and thickening. Pearly white roots everywhere. Nice 'crisp' pseudostem that isn't squishy at all. Growing so fast baby!!!!

Details:
  • 600w MH (measured with meter to be 500-1000 PAR), 18 hours per day
  • GH Flora base 3-part nutrients + all the 'expert series' stuff (FloraBlend, Floralicious, Armor SI, Rapid Start, etc...)
  • N:P:K %'s = 30:35:58 (maybe N too low?)
  • Medium is rockwool. Both the 6" blocks and 'grow cubes' in 'air pots'
  • Dripper irrigation, min 8x per day (medium always moist)
  • Solution PH of 5.8, ~1400PPM
  • RO water, with recommended dose of CalMag+ to supplement
  • Humidity 30-50%
  • Day temp 81F, Night 73F

Any thoughts on the color? Just cosmetic or larger problem at play?

Last edited by J4RT : 01-07-2016 at 06:33 PM.
J4RT is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To J4RT

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors