View Single Post
Old 01-13-2008, 12:28 PM   #16 (permalink)
SteveW

Name: Steve
BananaBucks : 22,423
Said "Thanks" 22 Times
Was Thanked 36 Times in 30 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 2 Times
Default Re: You can grow bananas when you see these birds

Quote:
Originally Posted by musa_monkey View Post
I have a colony of parrots living in the wood next to me. The local legend is that a pair escaped some years back and have bred. They have survived here for the last 5 years i know of but we haven't had a bad winter in that timeframe. It is good to see and hear them though,still a very rare site in the UK.
The lorikeets are supposed to be a tough as old boots,thats why they're slowly moving out of London and into the surrounding countryside.I live at least 30/40 miles out of town and I saw them just a couple of miles away in Cobham.i'd guess that if I were to look in the local woods that they're probably already here.It'd be fantastic if they are.
Theres a small population of green parrots in London aswell,they regularly go one of my old customers garden in Bromley.When I was fitting their kitchen a few years ago they told me about the flock of lorikeets that came every morning to feed at first light.Obviously not believing them I went to look outside,didn't see the lorikeets,but did see a couple of green parrots in one of the trees.Very surreal

Last edited by SteveW : 01-13-2008 at 12:39 PM. Reason: sobmitted too early
SteveW is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To SteveW

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors