View Single Post
Old 09-25-2015, 02:09 PM   #7 (permalink)
Kat2

Zone: 10A or 9B ish. Like it matters?
BananaBucks : 239,752
Said "Thanks" 2,921 Times
Was Thanked 2,669 Times in 1,322 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 595 Times
Default Re: Why do people bury stuff on their property?

I know high dump fees tend to discourage proper disposal of garbage but there are none here. (Okay, there are a few--for instance I'm charged if I bring in more than 2 (or is it 4?) tires in a year.) This is absolutely the best trash service I've ever encountered. Recycling is encouraged and made easy but, unlike when I lived in the shadow the EPA in MD, not policed. As a result our county has excellent participation. When I had a lot of saplings and such cut down, I called for the "claw"; I'm allowed 2 visits every year. They would take the wood, blocks also if I called. I don't use the biweekly garbage service because I compost a lot; once a month I take my 1/3 full can to the curb so they don't forget I'm here. Once a week they pick up yard waste (even if it's not in a garbage can which amazes me having come from where you had to purchase special brown paper bags and cut any wood into 4' sections (no logs--only 2" in diameter allowed) along with the recycling bin; again I set mine out monthly. Absolutely no reason to bury stuff on your property where I live; the fees are collected with RE taxes so cannot be avoided.