View Single Post
Old 09-05-2015, 07:37 AM   #1 (permalink)
greytlady

Zone: 10
BananaBucks : 4,007
Said "Thanks" 7 Times
Was Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Can anyone identify this please?

Hi there,
I am new to this forum. Some of you may already have responded to my post in the Main discussion board (thank you again), because I was looking for advice on what to do next. Now, I could really use some help with identifying this.

Here's some facts, please let me know if anything else is needed:

- In Zone 10, southeast Florida, Palm Beach County area
- This was already here when I bought my house 11 yrs ago
- I'm about 5 foot 6 and it's about as big as me, this is the tallest I've ever seen it, but took up gardening as a hobby this year and have been giving it love
- It's been cut to the ground once or twice during my time here by my landscapers, on purpose so it would grow back healthier. It always did
- It fruited only one other time, 2009?, and they ripened. If I recall correctly, they were super small, 3-4 inches maybe, and tasted terrible.
- A day or two ago, the one of the flower petals(?) started to open and I saw what looked like tiny banana-shaped flowers. This morning it was closed

Thank you all very much for whatever thoughts and opinions you have.

Last edited by greytlady : 09-05-2015 at 07:40 AM.
greytlady is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To greytlady

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors