View Single Post
Old 08-16-2015, 08:55 AM   #14 (permalink)
PR-Giants
Commercial Grower

BananaBucks : 2,016
Said "Thanks" 2,900 Times
Was Thanked 12,461 Times in 3,620 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 3,204 Times
Default Re: wellspring gardens

I agree with crazy b, Saturday is the best day to ship using USPS. Experience has shown a package shipped from the Caribbean on Saturday will arrive to a Pacific Northwest address on Monday. Most realize that no new mail enters the system after the PO closes midday Saturday, that extra day & half of no new mail entering the system makes it easier for the Saturday & Friday mail to meet delivery schedules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy banana View Post
You might have just given yourself an explanation here why it has taken so long.
Have you checked when your package was actually mailed out? There is a mailing date on the package as well as a tracking number. With the tracking number in hand you can still track back exactly when it was mailed out, as well as when and where it got stuck on route.
Unfortunately I have experienced it several times that USPS is responsible for the delay and/or Agricultural Government departments. Your package was mailed USPS Priority Mail which includes a tracking number and $50 insurance. USPS says that domestic Priority Mail takes 2-3 business days, but this is not guaranteed. To guarantee next day or two day delivery someone has to use USPS Express Priority Mail which is even more expensive. If the package gets mailed out on a Thursday or Friday there is a pretty good chance that it gets stuck at a post office over the weekend which will further delay it. I only mail out on Mondays and Tuesdays to avoid this.
It seems that your package was not treated well by USPS or possibly the CA agricultural department and it does not seem to be Wellsprings fault. Argh, I could fill an entire new thread about USPS just by myself....

PR-Giants Photo Gallery

15,000+ Varieties

PR-Giants is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To PR-Giants
Said thanks: