View Single Post
Old 08-16-2015, 04:08 AM   #13 (permalink)
crazy banana

Zone: 9-11
BananaBucks : 10,157
Said "Thanks" 3,021 Times
Was Thanked 2,961 Times in 1,115 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 1,969 Times
Default Re: wellspring gardens

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffaroo View Post
Well the plants came exactly 10 days after the order was placed. I think they are a little overkill on the certificates and department of agriculture stuff. It had 3 inspection stickers on it from 3 different department of agriculture offices.
Anyway the box looked like it was kicked from Florida to California and stepped on a few times.
Plants seem okay but I sent them a email just in case I have problems. Only time will tell
You might have just given yourself an explanation here why it has taken so long.
Have you checked when your package was actually mailed out? There is a mailing date on the package as well as a tracking number. With the tracking number in hand you can still track back exactly when it was mailed out, as well as when and where it got stuck on route.
Unfortunately I have experienced it several times that USPS is responsible for the delay and/or Agricultural Government departments. Your package was mailed USPS Priority Mail which includes a tracking number and $50 insurance. USPS says that domestic Priority Mail takes 2-3 business days, but this is not guaranteed. To guarantee next day or two day delivery someone has to use USPS Express Priority Mail which is even more expensive. If the package gets mailed out on a Thursday or Friday there is a pretty good chance that it gets stuck at a post office over the weekend which will further delay it. I only mail out on Mondays and Tuesdays to avoid this.
It seems that your package was not treated well by USPS or possibly the CA agricultural department and it does not seem to be Wellsprings fault. Argh, I could fill an entire new thread about USPS just by myself....
crazy banana is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To crazy banana
Said thanks: