View Single Post
Old 06-19-2015, 11:23 PM   #6 (permalink)
a.hulva@coxinet.net

Zone: 73034
Name: Al
BananaBucks : 48,284
Said "Thanks" 3,695 Times
Was Thanked 779 Times in 317 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 437 Times
Default Re: Anybody add gypsum to their soil for calcium?

Quote:
Originally Posted by siege2050 View Post
This is the first signs I see, the parallel lines, and puckering which I have looked up and turns out to be calcium, boron which work together. Then later the leaf will be twisted with heavy veining, and start getting necrotic, missing a lot of the leaf tissue. After I gave them a dose of drywall, the next leaf was about 4 times as large as before with very little dead tissue on the very end. so definitely worked here. I may try to boil some eggshells down to make a foliar spray, I probably really need to lime but neighbors dead yard after following the instructions of local extension office scares me lol

What is the pH of the soil? If it is 5.5 to 7.0 it's OK. To add calcium I would suggest "agricultural pelletized lime". Regardless of what you apply it takes weeks even months to correct.
When was this plant planted? Hard to tell from pic but looks like it's sunburned. The above is just based on my very limited knowledge of anything.
a.hulva@coxinet.net is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To a.hulva@coxinet.net
Said thanks: