View Single Post
Old 05-26-2015, 07:57 PM   #7 (permalink)
cincinnana
container grower

Zone: HZ 6/5 Microclimate - Elevation 750 feet- 228.60 meters
BananaBucks : 1,013
Said "Thanks" 3,860 Times
Was Thanked 11,691 Times in 4,865 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 1,943 Times
Smile Re: Fertilizer and soil for new banana?

Quote:
Originally Posted by casper27292 View Post
Ok here's the thing, I can't figure out how to start a new thread or ask a question on here so i am going to ask it here and hopefully someone can and will answer it for me, I am very new to this, I bought a Ice Cream Blue Java banana tree and planted it in a large pot with miracle grow moisture control potting soil, the plant started wilting and the leaves are browning, so i bought some peat moss and dug a hole in the ground and put meat moss in with my miracle grow, about half and half and watered it to get the air pockets out of the dirt, Will this help my plant? and what is the best potting soil to get to use to help my plant survive? Please send me a message and give me a couple names of the soil, fertilizer and whatever i need to help my banana tree survive and grow, thank you
Sounds like your doing good.
Your soilless mix is a fine choice.....stop using meat moss
Your choice of fertilizer will work for you also and your new plant will respond soon.

Since you said you put the plant in the ground and amended the soil, that is the best soil mix you can get!!!

Use the search button for most of your questions.....just use key words such as fertilizer, soil,water, and read the posts.

Check out Youtube keyword" grow bananas"......good stuff there .
That will answer a lot of your questions also.......but with VIDEO.

Post a photo of your plant so we may see what the issue is.

Last edited by cincinnana : 05-27-2015 at 04:56 AM.
cincinnana is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To cincinnana
Said thanks: