View Single Post
Old 05-24-2015, 12:52 PM   #66 (permalink)
PR-Giants
Commercial Grower

BananaBucks : 2,923
Said "Thanks" 2,900 Times
Was Thanked 12,463 Times in 3,620 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 3,204 Times
Default Re: What are the Best Dwarf Varieties for Containers for the Midwest? Dwarf Gros Mich

The Enano Gigante grows to the same height as the Williams and studies have shown the Williams to be more cold tolerant than other Cavs, plus it has less fruiting problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by siege2050 View Post
Not sure about the taste, nor am I sure it will bloom here yet, but Enano Gigante seems to overwinter very well for me indoors with low light (curtains closed) and almost no water and does not look terrible as long as spider mites are kept under control. Basically appeared to go semi dormant. Then later, I put it in my unheated greenhouse that got down to 37 or so degrees with no cold damage several times this spring. Does so well in fact for me with low water, light, cold, and semi dormancy, I am going to try storing it in my crawlspace this winter now that I have several pup backups. Supposed to be a cavendish type? Hard to find info about it online. For someone with a bright room, it should do very well overwintered indoors.

PR-Giants Photo Gallery

15,000+ Varieties

PR-Giants is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To PR-Giants
Said thanks: