View Single Post
Old 04-29-2015, 09:21 AM   #1 (permalink)
Omaha_Banana

BananaBucks : 6,757
Said "Thanks" 0 Times
Was Thanked 43 Times in 12 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Bananas growing in Nebraska

Wow, my banana plant has bananas growing!!

I've been planting banana plants as ornamentals for about 6 years around my house. Since I live in Nebraska I have to dig them up and move them inside my house in the winter.

Anyways, I bought a Thai Black off Ebay in 2011. That first year the stem grew about 6 feet. Since my ceilings aren't that high I have always kept it by my north facing front door in the winter. This winter I did not water it at all, so it hasn't had any water in about 5 months. Last night I noticed dead flowers on the floor. When i looked up, the banana flower was out and there are some little bananas growing! I can't believe it, I never expected to ever see bananas on any of my trees since I live in Nebraska. Now I have to do some research on what to do!

Omaha_Banana is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Omaha_Banana
Said thanks:

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors