View Single Post
Old 04-14-2015, 04:16 AM   #1 (permalink)
lifeflower
Banned

BananaBucks : 9,754
Said "Thanks" 2 Times
Was Thanked 12 Times in 5 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Would North Africa be a good place to cultivate Bananas?

I live in North Africa and exactly in Tunisia. In my country I only saw Banana plants producing little fruits and do not seem interesting for commercial production. But what I think is that our climate allows us to cultivate many other varieties.

Our Climate is Mediterranean, temperature is between 30°C and 40°C during the summer , 10°C and 20°C during the winter (we may have some cold days but not for long period), Spring and Autumn are temperate (about 20°C-30°C).

Here's a link on Wikipedia for more information about Mediterranean/Subtropical climate ((http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mediterranean_climate|Mediterranean Climate))

What kind of Musa do you think it will be compatible the most with this climate? is it interesting for commercial production ?
lifeflower is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To lifeflower

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors