View Single Post
Old 04-02-2015, 12:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
Olav

BananaBucks : 3,965
Said "Thanks" 0 Times
Was Thanked 5 Times in 2 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Question How often and how much 4-4-7 Organic Fruit fuel?

Hi all, first posting.

I have a fairly mature blue ice cream banana tree (about 1.5 years old) with two small pups on the sides. A while ago I purchased the 4-4-7 Organic Fruit Fuel after reading about it here.

I was wondering how often I should apply it to the Tree. What I've been doing so far is adding 1tablespoon of it to a gallon milk jug of water, shaking and pouring all around the tree. I've been doing that once a week. Does that sound about right?

I am in Central Florida on the coast, zone 9.

I've yet to have any fruit though and was really hoping some day they'd grow in. Should I be applying any other amendments? I am mostly an "organic" gardener, so I generally use things like fish emulsion and kelp powder.

Any help would be appreciated as I'm hoping I get my first fruits this year!

Thanks for any help!
Olav

Last edited by Olav : 04-02-2015 at 12:37 PM.
Olav is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Olav
Said thanks:

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors