View Single Post
Old 02-24-2015, 04:12 AM   #1 (permalink)
siege2050
Hobby obsessor maximus

Zone: zone 7
BananaBucks : 360,817
Said "Thanks" 854 Times
Was Thanked 1,295 Times in 614 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 85 Times
Default Height to expect from yunnanensis after being frozen down to ground each year?

I ended up with 5 yunnanensis germinating out of my seeds. Has anyone had experience growing these where they get frozen down to the ground each year? Roughly what height does yours reach each year by fall? I am going to grow them in the filtered shade of very tall trees and need to know what height I might expect so it does not grow into the tree canopy. I am sure they wont reach full size in one year but would like to permanently place them when planting out. I had trouble with my ensete glaucum I grew last year from seed, it reach over 10 feet in one season and grew into a shorter tree canopy behind it on the north side. I was not expecting it to grow so tall in one season from seed lol.

If you don't eat yer meat, you can't have any Banana pudding! How can you have any Banana pudding if you don't eat yer meat?!

Click for weather forecast
siege2050 is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To siege2050

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors